Start your day with 1-2 glasses of purified room temperature water! It’s a great way to start your day, boost your metabolism and digestion, flush out toxins and has additional benefits below:
- Boost your metabolism: Your metabolism will slow down to conserve energy when you haven’t had enough water since your organs can’t function as efficiently. One of the liver’s functions is to help burn fat. So if you don’t have enough water then the liver is less efficient at burning excess body fat. Dehydration literally slows down the fat-burning process.
- Energize Muscles: Without the balance of fluids and electrolytes, cells become weaker and smaller leading to muscle fatigue.
- Healthy Kidneys: Fluids in your body transport wastes in and out of cells. Your kidneys get rid of waste from your body through urine but need water to cleanse and get rid of toxins.
- Bowel Function: With proper intake of water, toxins are more easily eliminated through the intestines and it prevents toxic build up and constipation.
- Healthy Digestion: Water helps with the digestion and absorption of food. For weight loss, this means if you don’t drink enough water, you won’t get the full benefits of the nutrients in the foods that you eat for breakfast!
- Energize: Your blood is mostly water and transports nutrients and oxygen in your body. Dehydration thickens your blood, making it harder for your body to receive nutrients from the food you eat along with oxygen leading to fatigue and decreased mental clarity, focus and concentration.
- Appetite suppressant: An additional benefit of water is that it is a natural appetite suppressant!